1.2K views

I bought 100 chances to win a stay for my wife at Disney World Cinderella's Castle. Seemed like a good cause and deadline was Oct 13, 2017.

Today (Oct 13. 2017), they send me an email saying they are extending deadline to enter which then increases the number of possible entries and reduces the chance of winning for those that already entered. I was offered bonus chances but ONLY if I bought more chances. That is a breach of contract and fraud in my opinion.

I entered with a defined timeline and you don't change the rules after you sold the chances.

I have never heard of a contest that does this. Completely unacceptable.

Product or Service Mentioned: Omaze Deal.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Omaze Cons: Rule change after receiving money - fraud.

• Omaze com Omaze Fraud

Comments

Sick of omaze "extending" contests continuously, too. Every single one i have received an email just like above with rule changes.

Not cool. Gives a bad vibe to the organizations, celebrities, contest entrants, etc and I'd like answers FROM OMAZE on wtf is going on with them.

I don't care about winning or the amounts of money, it is the principle of the matter and the fact that there are many being taken for good causes. It needs to STOP.

Give Kids the World is an amazing organization that assists with helping kids with special needs enjoy their Disney Wishes. The entire resort is developed with the needs of these children in mind.

I donated for a chance to win and I'm okay with them trying to raise more money for this cause. This isn't about winning, it's a perk if you do, but this is a charity raffle. A charity that helps children who suffer from life threatening illnesses be happy for a moment.

If you're not familiar with Give Kids the World, Google it. You might feel better about your donation instead of demanding a refund.

100 entries cost $10 for this contest, how are you out $50?

The fun part is that you're not going to win anyway.